Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Fun

Today we went with our playgroup to see some pumpkins, ride on a hayride, play in the hay fort and have a picnic. It was a beautiful day and full of lots of fun!

There was a really pretty pond with swans that the kids could feed. O loved throwing them crackers, but WP would eat the cracker before he would throw it. The hayride was great! It was perfect for little ones....not to fast, but really pretty scenery. Thankfully, Nan and Pop went along with us. There is no way I could have done all three by myself. The twins are really beginning to be independent.
Here we are on the trailer getting ready to leave. (Thanks Jamie, for snapping this picture)
The hayride dropped us off at a "hay fort" that the kids loved....the could run and play and climb on the huge piles of hay. I tried to get a picture of the 3 of them together, but I have decided that it is close to impossible at this point. Oh well, I tried!
Pop helped O pick out her pumpkin.

O with her own pumpkin......

AK tried to find one, but they were all too heavy for her.

WP wasn't quite so sure what it was and decided he would pass on the pumpkin idea.

There was a bright colored little chair with a small scarecrow in it. Each twin discovered it at different times and it was fun to see each of them trying to figure out what it was. AK thought she had met a new friend.....

WP was checking him out from a distance......

Heading out with the prized pumpkin.....

As we headed to the picnic area, I couldn't help but stop at this great view for a few pictures. Isn't this picture on the bench priceless?? I love it that O is in the middle and trying to help AK on the left.

Oh my goodness.....three of them.....wow.

WP

AK....almost always smiling.

O- well, she had enough of the pictures.....

We ended the fun morning with a picnic lunch. Such a fun time!

Thanks for organizing, Jamie, and thanks for all your help, Nan and Pop!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Olivia's pumpkin have warts?!

Anonymous said...

No warts...just dirt.

The Garners said...

It was a fun day--so glad you guys joined us! I'm glad your in-laws came with you so the twins could come and be in all those cute pics...the ones on the bench by the lake are great! I think O and Hudson Lee are sweet new friends--they'll have to get together more and play! Glad we did this trip--it was worth it (even if Alexee threw a little fit on the hay ride! She's a wild one--wow!)

The Milams said...

so jealous!