Friday, October 17, 2008

Cousins and The Queen

We made it to Monticello to spend a few days with family and Paul was able to "escape" to hunt for a while. The twins fought a cold the entire time we were there, but were such troopers!
Breakfast at Gran Bet and Gramps

Friday morning, I went to the High School to judge a competition for Homecoming festivities. Oh, the memories....I can remember those competitions and oh, so how important they were for our class to be able to win spirit week! It was a fun walk down memory lane. That afternoon, Aunt Mel and K napped with the babies while O and I went to MHS Homecoming assembly. It was fun seeing so many familiar faces, the court, the cheerleaders, the majorettes, etc. I loved it! O liked it, but I think she was more excited about getting to go pick up her cousins at school.


Here we picked up Maddie at MES.
The traditional after school Sonic drink.....
Paul came in from his day in the woods to find all of the cousins playing outside. WP thought he was big enough to ride bikes with them....
WP took a break from riding bikes and rested in Aunt Mel's lap with the football.
AK thought she was as big as the other kids....
Then that night, we headed to the football game....



We even helped form the spirit line for the football players to run through the sign.


O loved seeing Queen Lily. She was a beautiful queen. She is our friend Kristi's cousin. We had heard all about her dress and couldn't wait to see it in person.


Busy day....but so fun!

No comments: