Saturday, September 13, 2008

Opening Day

The countdown was over and the day was here....opening day of soccer season. O was beside herself. Paul is helping coach and Coach Bryan was gone today, so he was on his own. This morning before we left, Paul was loading the car. As he walked back in the house, O passed him and said, "Hey, coach". She thought Paul being her coach was so special. I couldn't help but notice a grin on his face.
Here are a few pictures of the game:
Coach and O waiting to get started......


The 1st 15 minutes is delegated as "practice time", so here they are getting ready....Don't you love the green socks?
Her 1st practice kick.....
Putting on the game face.... Go, O, go!! She was great!
She was quite serious.....
We have a great little team. We won 16-1!! Paul had to tell the girls that they couldn't kick the ball at one point, so the other team could score.


I have never laughed so hard in my life. It was such a fun morning and O had a blast. We'll be back next Saturday morning!!
One tired little girl after such an exciting day- she fell asleep putting a puzzle together!

2 comments:

The Milams said...

I love this, but I am pretty sure my BIMBO team could have scored more than 1 goal on you cute little white girls!

The Garners said...

How fun! I love that she called P "coach"! I know that made his day! We might have to come watch one of her games!