Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dallas- Yes, I Did!

Spring Break was coming......I knew we needed something to do.....I just wasn't sure what.....
Our cousin, Kelli, called to let us know she was coming to Arkansas to visit. Long story short, Kelli flew in to visit, 3 days later, I loaded the kids up and we all took Kelli home to Dallas. The kids were great- we made it there with only 1 stop!
Kelli had to work a little the next day, so I decided I was going to be brave and head out with the kids- alone! They really did well- I couldn't stay in a store for too long, but I was able to look around. I even braved The Rainforest Cafe with all 3. AK squealed a lot, WP growled at everything and O was very entertained by the fish tank, waterfall and animated monkeys and elephants. It helped that it was very loud in the restaurant.....A lady was making balloon animals and made each of the kids one.

O chose a pink and purple butterfly.AK got a pink monkey and talked to it through the entire meal.WP got a wienie dog that he loved wrestling.

We did it and we weren't asked to leave!!
Here the kids are showing off their balloon animals by the fun elephant.
We went back to Kelli's house for a nap and then went outside to explore her yard and checkout the outside of her new house.
Kelli and the girls found some really pretty flowers and brought me a few.
Colin had been on a trip to Las Vegas and brought O a special treat from the candy shop in the Bellagio- a chocolate bunny- a soccer chocolate bunny!! He may have made a new best friend for life!
After Colin got home, he took us to a really neat Italian restaurant for dinner-
The babies loved their little pizza....obviously
WP needed a big drink after eating all of that pizza!! O had a great time sitting with Colin.....here the two of them took turns taking each other's picture with my camera.
Colin just didn't think we could leave Dallas without having Montana Joe's Ice Cream......and it lived up to the hype!! O had a strawberry ice cream cone with sprinkles on the cone and the babies each had their own little cup. They thought they were so big with their own cup, sitting outside at their own table! The next morning we sent Kelli off to work before we hit a few more shops and headed out of town.
Thanks, Kelli and Colin!! We all had a wonderful time and we will be back soon!! We loved your new house and we loooooved all the fun in the big city!

No comments: