Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SJLC Valentines

Today was O's Valentine party at school. I was a "room mom" and helped with the party and I was also able to see some of her latest artwork that was decorating the classroom.O took her suckers and cards that she had signed and delivered them to each child's sack. She was so proud she could read each name and put them in the right sack by herself.
Yesterday, O and I made Aunt Mel's recipe for homemade sugar cookies and cut out hearts. I'm glad we were making them for kids- I'm not quite sure they turned out right. Aunt Mel's are always so good.....we have some practicing on that one.
At the party, the children all iced their own heart cookie and decorated it by themselves.
The finished product....pink, of course!
I enjoyed getting to spend the morning in her class. It was fun to watch her in her daily routine. I loved watching her interact with the others in the class- something I don't ever see. She told me she wanted me to "come teach" again, but I doubt I'll ever be her teacher!! I'm glad she liked me being around....I'm not quite so sure she will feel the same way when she is 13.

No comments: