Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Girly Girls Valentine Party

O had an idea......She wanted to have a "nail party". She pulled out her craft box, she made an invitation or two and was determined we were going to have a party. She was so determined that I took the idea and ran with it. I kept it small- she named the guest list and at the last minute we told her friends to come on over for a party.
The twins spent the day with Nan and Pop in Carlisle- a first! So O and I had the day to plan and get ready. The grocery store, Target and Party City for balloons.....we were ready!!
Everyone arrived and they sat at our table we had decorated.We had pretty flowers, snacks galore and fingernail polish.....O was proud of the Valentine card she was making. The girls iced and decorated their own cupcakes. I was amazed at what these little girls could do. They could ice a cupcake better than I can! They were so creative, too.Just look at this....chocolate chips, a marshmallow and a cheeto!O stuck to the sprinkles and pretty colored crystal sugar.The best part of the cupcakes....digging in!After the cupcake decorating, we started the "fingernail painting". I love this picture of O and her friend while they were waiting for their turn to have their nails painted. Looks like a serious conversation to me!Painting nails......hot pink with white polka dots!Here are the fingernails of some proud little girls.Each girl made a special card with her hand prints.....a Valentine a mom loves to receive!This little girl was beside herself with excitement. She loved it and had a great time!
This card making, cupcake decorating and fingernail painting party was such fun!!Thankfully I had some moms that offered to stay and help me! It really was lots of fun!
Danielle- your pictures are amazing! Thanks a million!

No comments: