Friday, February 20, 2009

18 Month Check-up

Today we went for the babies 18 month check-up. When we arrived at the clinic, the receptionist met us outside and told us there had just been an accident behind the clinic and they had lost all power- we would need to reschedule. I was so disappointed.....all the planning, napping, packing and loading up to get there and we needed to reschedule? As I walked inside to reschedule, our pediatrician walked out into the lobby (the dark lobby) and wanted to go out to the car to peek at the kids. So, after she walked outside, she offered to meet us at another clinic on the ACH campus.....Yahoo! We had to give her a little time to get things squared away there, so we went to the main lobby to waste some time....The babies had a great time seeing the water features in side, the ducks that look like they are in flight hanging from the ceiling, the huge train, etc. We had no trouble keeping them occupied. We finally met her at the other clinic.....WP wasn't quite so sure about the exam.
New Stats: WP- 33 lbs
AK- 24 lbs
I didn't get the height measurements in all the craziness, but I do know WP is above 95th percentile and AK is 75th percentile.....both healthy, growing babies.
It made for a long afternoon, but that was okay.
We feel so blessed to have happy, healthy children!!

No comments: