Monday, August 4, 2008

Girls Day

Today we had lots to do! First, I started back to tennis for the first time in almost 2 years! I know I will be feeling it tomorrow. Why do I do these things to myself? Gran Bet, Aunt Mel and M were in town for M's school shopping trip. They were on a mission for some cute school clothes. We met them for lunch and got to spend some time shopping with them. Believe me, O thought she was 10 years old today, too. Just wait until you see the metallic silver shoes she got for school. She thought they were grand! I was really wanting the pink Mary Janes, but she wasn't going for it. Afterwards, Aunt Nena brought us some wonderful veggies from Uncle Bo's garden- that is always a treat! He has quite the green thumb....veggies, herbs....yum.
Tonight our Pokeno group met at Trio's for dinner. It was a fun time to visit with friends. I was really just glad to be there. Right before I left, I opened our freezer and the huge (enormous) platter on our refrigerator fell off and hit me right on the bridge of my nose. Painful. Big gash...it looks real cute. But nothing could hold me back from a girl's night at Trio's! I went, gash and all!
Sorry no pics....the camera battery was dead. It was a crazy day. It might have been a good thing that my camera wasn't working!

2 comments:

The Garners said...

First of all, I"m glad you survived the platter crash...Second...please tell me it wasn't the adorable "Happy Everything" platter!?!?!?! I'm so sad I missed Trio's.

Anonymous said...

I think Mary Katherine should post her comment about the "Happy Everything" platter! Hilarious! (MK's comment, not the fact you got whacked on the nose)