Today was the day for "Well Baby Check-Ups". O had her 4 year check-up and the twins had their 1 year check-up. Yes, shots were also required....Not a fun day!
Here O is being weighed.
She has grown at least 3/4 of an inch this summer.
Here they are....all 3 lined up waiting on our doctor. Little did they know what was about to happen.
Small, medium and large....
Thank goodness Gran Bet and Gramps were in town. I must admit, scheduling all 3 for shots on the same day wasn't a good idea. Actually, it was horrible.....as hard on me as it was on the kids. I always handled it great when O was a baby, but something about going through it 3 times nearly did me in!
She has grown at least 3/4 of an inch this summer.
Here they are....all 3 lined up waiting on our doctor. Little did they know what was about to happen.
Small, medium and large....
Thank goodness Gran Bet and Gramps were in town. I must admit, scheduling all 3 for shots on the same day wasn't a good idea. Actually, it was horrible.....as hard on me as it was on the kids. I always handled it great when O was a baby, but something about going through it 3 times nearly did me in! O went first and it broke my heart because she knew what was going on and she got 4 shots!! Afterwards she was fine until she saw that the babies were next- she cried and cried because she didn't want the babies to get shots, too. By this time, Paul had arrived. Hallelujah!!
At this point, Gran Bet decided to take O out to the waiting room. As they left, Gramps saw O picking out her sticker. I told her she could have 2, but she wanted 4. Before I knew it, Gramps was tearing off all 4 stickers. On the way out, they had to pass more stickers and Gramps stopped to get her even more. He couldn't bear it that she was crying and would do anything to make her feel better! I think she ended up with 7 or 8 stickers.....Gramps is such a sucker. But, she did stop crying!
Here is Gramps helping WP feel better after his shots with a paci and silk. They make everything better!

I am a true believer in the phrase, "it takes a village". We had 4 adults and only 3 children, but we needed every hand to hug and wipe tears. What a day!
I am so thankful for healthy children and wonderful health care, but those shots were one tough pill for this mama to swallow!
2 comments:
Bless your heart--and theirs! I would have volunteered to go with you and help hold (wouldn't that have been a sight--adding R & A to the mix), but I would have been crying, too! The picture of their shoes did me in!
Praise the Lord for happy, healthy kids though!
Remember Z said they held him down "like a dog"!? Still one of the worse days of my mommy career!
Post a Comment