Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Ice Cream Truck!

Friday afternoon we were visiting our friends, the Stocketts. The girls were playing on the new playground in the backyard and the babies were all playing in the floor. It was fairly calm. All of sudden I said, "I hear the ice cream truck!". Anne said there wasn't an ice cream truck that came through the area. I knew that bell had to be an ice cream truck, so with a twin in tow, I head out to the street to see that the truck had just passed the house. I got so excited. I think it was a flood of childhood memories of waiting for the ice cream man in my grandmother's driveway that did it. I waved my arms as big as I could and he saw me, put the truck in reverse and came back. Anne and I ran to the backyard, told the girls to hurry for surprise out front. They all ran to the front yard, looked at the truck and looked at us like we were crazy. They had no idea what it was. When we told them it was an "ice cream" truck, there was no holding them back! I loved it....it is so fun to watch O have the same fun experiences I had as a child!Pick only one!


I would like a fudge bar.

1 comment:

The Garners said...

R hasn't tried this yet either...I'll have to listen for the bell in our neighborhood! Does the ice cream man take credit cards because I never have any cash--ha!