Friday, January 16, 2009

Extra Hands and Handprints

We love it when Gran Bet and Gramps come to see us for a few days. O loves "spending the night" with them in the upstairs guest bedroom. Gran Bet had an appointment to get her hair cut, so Gramps came along with her. Yea! Paul headed to the Duck Camp for the weekend, so I loved having some extra hands around to help. Friday morning Gramps helped get the kiddos loaded and take O to school. O loved it that Gramps was along for the ride!
Loading up before heading out....After school, we met Gran Bet for lunch in the Heights. While we were there, I saw the cutest Valentine platter in the window of the "paint your own pottery" store next door. So.....from me to me for Valentine's Day.....I'm getting a Valentine's Day platter. We took the kids in and had their hand prints put on the platter and the girl made each of the hand prints a heart. O was great- it was obvious she loves art!WP giggled while getting his hand painted......loud, too. Everyone in the store was watching us because he got so tickled!AK didn't like the paint on her hands one bit....she cried......loud, too. I don't think we do anything quiet anymore! I had to leave the platter to have it fired and the girl was going to do the lettering, outline the hearts and do the artwork. I can't wait- I think it will be a neat keepsake to put out every year. I'll post the finished product when I get it back....stay tuned.
It's hard to believe Valentine's Day is right around the corner!

No comments: