Today O's Advent box had a little note telling her that she was going to a Polar Express Party! I also went along to help out. The kids had so much fun hearing the book "Polar Express" read aloud. They also made a cute ornament (O's is the little red ball on the table), and colored Polar Express coloring sheets. While making the craft, the kids got to drink hot chocolate and eat a chocolate treat- just like in the book. They even learned to stir their hot chocolate with a peppermint stick. Towards the end, we faintly heard bells ringing....they got louder....and then we heard a loud "HO,HO, HO"! The kids got so excited. I'm talking about genuine excitement- I loved seeing all of their sweet expressions when he walked through the door and surprised them. I actually got a picture of O when he walked through the door. I think she was in awe. At one point, she had her hands over her mouth, but I missed that shot!
Each child got to sit in Santa's lap....O said she wanted a scooter, a High School Musical clock and a cupcake maker. Afterwards, he gave each child a bell- just like in the book.....Do you still hear the bell??
Christmastime is so fun with a 4 year old. Oh, the magic of Christmas!!
Each child got to sit in Santa's lap....O said she wanted a scooter, a High School Musical clock and a cupcake maker. Afterwards, he gave each child a bell- just like in the book.....Do you still hear the bell??
Christmastime is so fun with a 4 year old. Oh, the magic of Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment