Sunday, November 16, 2008

He Shoots, He Scores!

Paul killed a big deer with his bow this weekend. He has been hunting only a couple of times this season, but has had the itch to go every weekend. He loves it. Finally we had a weekend, with nothing planned and no trips, so he headed to go sit in the woods and wait for the "big one". Funny thing is that he sent me a text message saying, "Just passed on 4 doe". I send him a message back that said, "Don't shoot unless it's a trophy deer". He said that about 10 minutes later, this deer walked right by him....It was late afternoon when he got the deer, so that put him getting home pretty late. O was still awake, but bathed and in her pajamas. I was surprised she wanted to see it. She even asked to pet it. Now she has asked for a bow for Christmas, so she can shoot at the targets like her Daddy. The only problem is that she can't decide if she wants a Barbie bow or a ladybug bow. She may want to hunt one day, but she will do it in style! ha Paul can't wait!



2 comments:

The Garners said...

Nice one!

I'm laughing at O wanting her own bow now!!! Paul's gotta love that!

I guess even deer hunting is high-tech now--texting from the deer stand!

Anonymous said...

You're getting as bad as me about updating the blog! Miss you!