Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks at Prairie Wings

We spent Thanksgiving day at Uncle Bo's duck camp- Prairie Wings. The guys all headed over on Wednesday afternoon for dinner and a Thursday morning hunt. Then all of the ladies and children head over on Thursday for the Thanksgiving feast- and feast it was. We had Uncle Bo's and Aunt Nena's family there and it was a crowd! The more the merrier, right? All the more for which to be thankful. I think there were over 60 people there and it was so fun!


Paul enjoyed showing the kids the Prairie Wings sign with the ducks. I think WP even quacked at those ducks. O and cousin Kel, in his cammo- After all, we were at the duck camp!
These two even thought about going for a boat ride. They thought they could find a few ducks if they tried. Don't worry- I was there and helped them in and out of the boat.
Next, they thought they might take this little buggy and look for deer.
Here "the girls" are headed to the kennels to check out the hunting dogs. I love this picture! AK thinks she as big as the other girls.
The babies weren't quite sure about those dogs..... WP thought he would help Uncle Bo with a little of the cooking.
Here is the real chef....he can fry up a mean fried turkey!Here is our branch of the big family tree....with Granny in the middle.Here is Granny with her great-grands...minus a few.
Can you believe these are great- grands??

Uncle Lee and Paul thought we needed a little entertainment during the photo session...a good chicken fight! The first of many, I'm sure.While we were taking pictures, we decided we better get a picture of The Queen Bee and her children, since they were all in one place! Uncle Bo even has some pet ducks that walked right up out of the water.AK loved those ducks!!



After a long day, AK and I decided to sit and rock on the front porch.
What a day!! A day full of thanks....

I am thankful for parents who love God, love each other and love my brother and me. That is the root of it all.....and from whom I learned to be thankful.

I am thankful for a loving husband and 3 healthy, precious children.

I am thankful for a brother and sister-in-law who love us and love on our kids just like they are their own. My kids love their "Uncle Lee", "Aunt Mel" and their cousins like crazy!

I am grateful for such a big, loving family. A big family also means lots of people and lots of different views and opinions, but at the end of the day, we are all still one big family. God has truly blessed us all and we all have so, so much for which to be thankful during this season of Thanksgiving.

No comments: